Sunday, October 19, 2008

This One's For Toni...





On Toni's last day of vacation, we stopped by Scottsdale, AZ to be official tourists. I learned a lot that day. I learned what you should NOT dress like. I witnessed some terrible tourist gifts. But one of the memorable moments was Toni discovering her favorite artist, Gary Ernest Smith ( http://www.overlandgallery.com/Artists/Smith.html) and having her picture taken with him, and him generously signing her book with original artwork. My friends, when you meet someone that you admire so greatly, you can only guess how thrilling that can be. I had never seen his work, yet I found his paintings to evoke a lot of emotion in me, mainly some homesickness for the pastoral scenes of Utah. Has anyone else met someone like this? I'd like to hear about your experiences.

No comments: