Thursday, November 13, 2008

Brigham City Day 4

Ok. I'm so tired tonight I can hardly type. This morning at 5 AM, my sweet niece Kelby came in to whisper in my ear, "Auntie Esther, can I sleep with you?" Of course she could, and of course there was no sleeping after that moment.

Tonight I get to sleep in a room with them and my wonderful cousin Kara and her wonderful daughter Olivia. Kara and her sister April arrived today and so did my other cousin, Alisha and her dad, Uncle Marc. I haven't seen Alisha in forever, and I adore her. One time when we were just young kids, and she was about 15 and I was about 22, Ali asked me to teach her how to drive. Of course I would do that for her! So we headed out to the back field, and of course as I said, "Brake!" she accelerated. And then I said, "Watch out for that blackberry bramble and post!" and she hit it. We had a lot of explaining to do to Aunt Suzi when she got back home and I believe Ali has been paying for a new bumper since then. So if you know how old I am, you know how long she's been paying.

NOT 50 YEARS, KALEENA!!! More like 25. or so.

Also, my sweet little brother, Caleb came home tonight! I love him and adore him. We got to go to the Stake Center and watch him become a High Priest tonight because he's going to be a High Council Member. I think that means he is destined to give talks every Sunday from now until eternity. Maybe, they have to be long, boring talks. I'm not sure.

I went back to court today to be with the Perry's while they had closing arguments and then the jury went out to deliberate. It was another heart wrenching experience, and I was glad to be there with the group. Today, as we left the court house, I rode down the elevator with the accused man's mother. What do you say to someone in that situation? Luckily, Aunt Suzi was there and she admired her necklace. As we left, I put my arm around her and told her that my thoughts and prayers were with her and her family. Because I can't imagine how it would feel to be her and that family and live with that potential agony. Like I said, Angels need to be surrounding everyone in that court room. If you want to read more about, check it out here.

Good night, dear readers. I must go find several little children to snuggle with tonight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My dear Esther,

I've been out of town for several days, and am just getting caught up with your blog. I'm so sorry for your loss. We love you, and you are in our thoughts and prayers. We send all our love up the I-15 to you and the Family up there in BC.

I know we are a bit far away down here, but please call us if we can help with anything.

Stanley Our.

Unknown said...

I love reading about your family. They sound like such fun, wonderful people. Big hugs to everyone! I hope you get some rest with those warm little cuddlers!

Esther said...

Thanks Our Stan and Sarah. I appreciate all the love and hugs from you. Missing you all. And I appreciate all the love from the rest of you who are reading this and calling me and talking to me during the day.
I love you all!