Thursday, November 20, 2008

Everybody's Working For the Weekend

Here are some interesting things Taylor Simpson downloaded while she was doing her "homework" that I found on the desktop tonight:
Hmmm. Should I tell her about Flo and Alice and the Kiss My Grits Phenomenon?

Do you think she gets backstage because of her talent to stand on her tiptoes? Or do I want to even explore that further? Nice kerchief, by the way.
But what was the old pink? What did Black used to be? Do you think this girl forgot a whole leg of her tights? I like the concept though. You all know I'm a big fan of wearing all black whenever I can.

Is it just me, or are the rest of you exhausted by Thursday night? My house was clean last Sunday when the week started. There was order when I looked around.  Now, I see mail, peppermint cookies, laundry folded, a backpack, hot pads, a box, some papers...it's just crazy! I know I should be tidying up, but I have to blog! Thursdays are always the moment when I just take a deep breath and I usually get my second wind by Friday when I perk up because it's the weekend. I don't know why the dishwasher has been loaded for 2 days and has yet to be turned on. I don't know why I haven't emptied the trash. Well, it could have something to do with just being lazy and tired. I didn't get home tonight until almost 7 PM. I worked 8 hours and drove around the peninsula- almost running out of gas. I did stop what I was doing and look into the eyes of someone trying to talk to me and listened beyond her words and found someone who was worried, scared and needed a hug. I was glad I did that. But you know, my house is still untidy, my desk is still scattered, and I have 4 days of newspapers in my car that haven't even been opened! What is going on with me???

In other news, the jury came back on the Brad Perry murder  trial today after finding him guilty last week and sentenced him to life without parole. You can watch more here. If you watch the video, you'll see Claudia Perry wearing my fashionable green scarf. Doesn't that color look great on her? Also, just for the record, you should know that Brad's sister who is talking with the red jacket isn't Valerie at all. It's his other sister, Nan. 

It wouldn't be right for me to end tonight without also thanking all of you who read last night's post and left a comment or talked to me today giving me encouragement. Wouldn't you know that within minutes of coming home, Taylor Simpson announced to me that she was done talking to me for the night. I didn't know if I should be relieved or disappointed. It turns out out though, that she made some inaccurate remarks. She talked to me after she got some food and a little stop at the Goodwill. I even got a hug and an air kiss after dinner. Unfortunately, that's when I noticed that she was only about an inch shorter than me. 

Maybe this weekend when I have some more time and energy, I'll try to grow a little. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Esther, don't you know that your house is SUPPOSED to look untidy by Thursday?? Friday it gets a bit worse, and by Saturday it's a wreck - just in time for cleaning day on Sunday!